They light the traditional Christmas Pine
The Faculty of Medicine joins the December commemorations by illuminating the Christmas tree
At the Faculty of Medicine, the count was made that led to the lighting of the Pine lights that the Student Society prepares each year to start the Christmas festivities, on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. in the Frontispiece of our Institution.
To comply with the health safety guidelines, the event was broadcast live on social networks, where virtually over 1000 people were able to participate in the count and enjoy the musical presentation of the Chamber Ensemble of the Faculty of Medicine and the staging of the IATROS cultural group.
In the event, in addition to members of the Society of Students and Coordinators of the Faculty were present:
- Dr. med. Edelmiro Pérez Rodríguez, Director of the Faculty of Medicine and University Hospital “Dr. José Eleuterio González ”.
- Dr. med. Marco Antonio Hernandez Guedea, Deputy Director of Hospital Assistance.
- Dr. C. Rodrigo Enrique Elizondo Omaña, Deputy Director of Undergraduate Studies of the Bachelor of Surgeon and Midwife.
- Dr. C. Paula Cordero Pérez, Deputy Director of Undergraduate Studies of the Bachelor of Clinical Chemistry Biologist.
- Dr. Guillermo Jacobo Baca, Secretary of Student Affairs.
- Carlos Javier Pimentel Párraga, President of the Board of Directors.
- Katia Melina De Leon Espinoza, Student Counselor.
"Today is a different world, conditions are different, today we are far from those we want due to the pandemic but there are many ways to communicate and express all the positive feelings we have [...] Have a merry Christmas and an excellent the year 2021, which will surely be better than 2020 ”, stated the Dr. med. Edelmiro Pérez Rodríguez who then presided over the countdown to illuminate the Christmas tree.
It should be noted that this year, the spheres placed in the pine tree were made by the different student groups of the Faculty, an activity that will surely become a tradition to promote the coexistence and participation of all students.