In memoriam of Dr. Alfredo Delgado Arredondo
The student community and professors unite before the farewell
FACULTY OF MEDICINE AND UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL “DR. JOSÉ ELEUTERIO GONZÁLEZ” OF THE UANL
We regret the sensitive death of Dr. Alfredo Delgado Arredondo Graduate, Professor and Former head of the Department of Biochemistry of the Faculty of Medicine, who contributed to the construction of our institution.
Dr. Alfredo Delgado Arredondo
1923 – 2021
- He was born in Monterrey, on October 30, 1923.
- He studied high school at the “Justo Sierra” School, 1935-1938.
- He studied at the UNL Bachelor's School, 1938-1940.
- He studied at the UNL School of Medicine, 1940-1946.
- Intern at the Civil Hospital “Dr. Eleuterio González”, 1945-1946.
- Professional examination with the thesis “Episiotomy, clinical observation of 60 cases and results”, February 1947.
- Founding doctor of the College of Medical Surgeons of the State of Nuevo León, AC, on November 6, 1948, being the First Official Medical College founded in the state.
- He obtained the degree as Midwife Surgeon at the UNL, with Certificate No.: 20254, in 1949.
- He married Teresa Garza Toba in Monterrey in 1949.
- It was included in the book Scientific Institutions and Scientists in Latin America, edited by UNESCO in 1950.
- He was a graduate student in the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Michigan Medical School, 1951-1953.
- He founded and was head of the Biochemistry section in the Research Department of the Faculty of Chemical Sciences in 1954.
- Head of the Department of Biochemistry of the Faculty of Medicine, from 1957.
- Active member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, 1955.
- He is appointed member of the Finance Commission of the UANL in July 1971.
- He developed a computer program for the administration in the teaching of Biochemistry, 1976.
- As recognition, his portrait was unveiled in the Photo Gallery of the Treasury Commission, located in the Raúl Rangel Frías University Library, on October 9, 2006.
Communication and Media, School of Medicine U.A.N.L.