Celebration of one more anniversary of the School and the 60 Years of the Murals
Tribute to the mural works Zapotlatenan and La Próxima Centuria after six decades of its inauguration
On the morning of this Friday, October 29, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. in the Frontispiece of our Institution, the celebrations and cultural presentations were held for the 162nd anniversary of the Faculty of Medicine (October 30) and 60 years of the inauguration of the murals Zapotlatenan Y the next century.
In addition to representatives and members of the Student Association, students, teaching and administrative staff, as well as coordinators and heads of departments and services of our Institution, the authorities who gathered at the event were:
- Edelmiro Pérez Rodríguez, DM; Principal of the School of Medicine and University Hospital "Dr. José Eleuterio González"
- Rodrigo Enrique Elizondo Omaña, DSc; Vice-Principal of Undergraduate Studies of the Bachelor of Medical Surgeon-Obstetrician
- Paula Cordero Pérez, DSc; Vice-Principal of Undergraduate Studies of the Bachelor of Chemist Clinical-Biologist
- Abel Guzmán López, DM; Vice-Principal of High Specialty and Advanced Medicine
- Guillermo Jacobo Baca, DM; Secretary of Student-Affairs of the School of Medicine
- José Antonio Olvera Sandoval, MA; Coordinator of Museum Room "Dr. Ángel Óscar Ulloa Gregori"
- Mario Burgoa González, BN; President of Section 1 of the Labor Union of the UANL
As part of the remembrance of the mural works, the Edelmiro Pérez Rodríguez, DM; pointed out the following: “The idea that one of the murals be erected in front of the Faculty, on the sides of the shield, was from a Medicine student […] It is about Antonio Salazar Vela, originally from Laredo, Tamaulipas, who in the year 1960 was the president of the Student Association”. Also remembering that the Zapotlatenan mural was paid for by 679 medical students and 89 laboratory students, while the Directorate financed the mural La Próxima Centuria.
In turn, within the festivities, the mornings were sung in the Rondallas of the Faculty of Medicine, a theme of the Chamber Assembly and presented the Folkloric Ballet “Tzapotlatenan”.
See all the details of the Anniversary of the Faculty of Medicine and 60 Years of the Inauguration of the Murals:
Communication and Media, School of Medicine U.A.N.L.