The student graduated from the Bachelor’s Program in Clinical Chemistry is a Health Science professional with solid scientific, technical and humanistic training; socially responsible and globally competent; able to apply knowledge, skills and attitudes to work individually, collaboratively and interdisciplinarily in the solution of health problems.
The graduate implements, develops and validates clinical and chemical analysis methods in various biological, environmental and food matrices.
The graduate handles the clinical laboratory indicators that differentiate health and disease conditions and is trained to interpret results that support diagnosis or decision making.
The graduate also performs quality management activities in laboratories, within the legal framework, and with deep respect for the environment.
The graduate is also competent to apply the scientific method with skill and, in this way, support knowledge generation, solve problems in their working environment; and provide advice, training courses and conferences.
The graduate also contributes to the promotion of a responsible and sustainable society in accordance with the values of the UANL and through the integration in public or private companies, or as an entrepreneur.
In order to achieve this graduation profile, the general and specific competences to be developed, as well as the job market, are defined as follows:
- Execute the taking and processing of samples .
- Performs the validation and emission of results.
- Participates in courses and workshops for continuous updating. .
- Manages and ensures the quality of processes in the laboratory .
- Serves as the laboratory’s health manager.
- Applies the rules and procedures concerning to the Clinical Laboratory .
- Execute the taking and processing of samples ..
- Analyze the blood according to the normative procedure .
- Determine the compatibility of blood and its derivatives .
- Manage the blood units and their derivatives according to the regulatory procedure.
- Carry out quality control activities .
- Participates in courses and workshops for continuous updating .
- Administered the blood bank
- Applies the rules and procedures concerning to the blood bank
Toxicological analysis laboratory+-
- Develops and validates methods of sample preparation and analysis of toxic elements and compounds in different matrices .
- Performs analytical procedures for the determination of metals, drugs of abuse and other substances of toxicological interest.
- Applies the rules and procedures concerning to the Toxicological analysis laboratory
- Develops and validates methods of sample preparation and analysis of drug in biological matrices.
- Uses modern analytical instrumentation for the quantification of analytes in bioequivalence studies.
- Applies the rules and procedures concerning to the bioequivalence laboratories and good laboratory practice.
- Make the chain of custody of samples and records .
- Implement and apply analytical and extraction methods according to each type of sample.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative identification of substances present in forensic samples .
- Interprets the analytical findings .
- Applies the rules and procedures concerning the forensic
- Performs appropriate sampling procedures for food analysis .
- Implements analytical and extraction methods according to each type of sample .
- Executes analysis of the chemical composition of food
- Development, validation and application of extraction procedures and spectroscopic and chromatographic analysis .