68 Anniversary of the University Hospital
On June 2, 1952 the Government of the State of Nuevo León ceded the Civil Hospital to the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Nuevo León, to become a University Hospital ever since.
It is 68 years since the Government of the State of Nuevo León ceded the Civil Hospital to the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Nuevo León, to become since then the University Hospital "Dr. José Eleuterio González ”. Being rector of the Maximum House of Studies Lic. Raúl Rangel Frías, who in his speech highlighted:
"The fate of the Civil Hospital is an important part of the fate of the University, whose nature and essence are going to be compromised, because it is the first time that a hospital of its importance has been in the hands of the Faculty of Medicine in the Republic.
A new chapter has opened in the life of the University, and with the cooperation of practicing doctors, nurses and administrative employees, the hospital and care institution will be placed on the level of technical and administrative progress that it deserves, despite of their problems, the opportunity to face them has never been given like now, with which the hospital is on the way to solving all their problems of an educational and administrative assistance nature ”. (University Life, June 4, 1952, p.5)
It was not until January 10, 1955 when the Organic Law of the University Hospital was promulgated by means of Decree 105, which guarantees legal certainty, and whose first number establishes:
“1o.- The Dr. José Eleuterio González Hospital is a State institution dedicated to providing public and healthcare services based on human health and the teaching and progress of medical science in Nuevo León. Consequently, it will be considered hereinafter as a dependency of the University of Nuevo León, organized as a Clinical Department of the Faculty of Medicine of the aforementioned institution, and will be governed by the precepts of this law and those corresponding to the University of Nuevo León . "
The reception ceremony was held at the Hospital address where Mr. Raúl Villarreal, Dr. David Peña, Dr. Rodolfo Rangel, the Director of the Dr. Serapio Muraira School of Medicine, who were present, were present in said act, the senator José Vivanco, representing the Governor Dr. Ignacio Morones Prieto, the Rector of the University Lic. Raúl Rangel Frías, Dr. Antonio Torres, Dr. Apolonio Vallejo would also assume the position of the management of the hospital. , the dean of the Faculty Dr. Antonio de la Garza, among other personalities.