Promote National HIV Rapid Test Day
Preventing the spread of HIV and informing sex education issues was the priority of this event carried out by GESTIMED groups
The AIDS Research and Prevention Group GIPSIDA, in conjunction with the Sexual Education and Orientation Group GEOS, were conducting rapid HIV tests last Monday, June 3 at the Multipurpose Auditorium of our faculty, resulting in a good response from the student community.
This rapid HIV test process was carried out through three steps that consisted of:
- “Pre” counseling to assess the risk of exposure and recommend or not to take the test.
- Performing the rapid HIV test.
- Talk "post" after obtaining the sample and channeling, if any, positive cases to the health center.
In the commemorative event were present authorities:
- Dr. Guillermo Jacobo Baca, Secretary of Student Affairs of the Faculty of Medicine
- Dr. Enrique A. Butcher López, GESTIMED Coordinator
- Dr. med. Javier Ramos Jiménez, GIPSIDA advisor